The purpose of the Alerts
sample is to demonstrate the alert capabilities of Microsoft SQL Server 2005. For information about this new feature, refer to the topic, "Defining Alerts" in SQL Server Books Online.
| Important: |
| Samples are provided for educational purposes only. They are not intended to be used in a production environment and have not been tested in a production environment. Microsoft does not provide technical support for these samples. Sample applications should not be connected to or used with your production SQL Server database without the permission of the system administrator. |
This sample script file creates SQL Agent alerts in Microsoft SQL Server 2005.
After the execution of this script you will find new alerts added to the alerts collection. You could examine them in Management Studio or by calling sphelp
alert stored procedure.
Before running this sample, make sure the following software is installed:
- SQL Server 2005, including the following components:
- Database Engine
- SQL Server Management Studio
- SQL Server Engine samples
Running the Sample
The following procedure shows how to run the Alerts
Running the Alerts Sample
- From SQL Server Management Studio, open the agentsamplealerts.sql script. The default installation directory is drive:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Samples\Engine\Administration\Alerts\Scripts.
- Click Execute. © 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.